I was reading the blog recently of a good friend and colleague who posted a suggestion that I really took to heart, and I wanted to share it with you in today’s lesson; Take an inspiration day.
You would think as photographers, private chefs, writers, bloggers, visual artists or whatever your creative passion that we have much to be inspired by, and to a larger extent this is true, but as with any creative pursuit you are going to hit roadblocks.
For example, dealing with client issues, collecting payments, handling paperwork, scheduling appointments, hiring and firing assistants, the list goes on and on. Operating a creative service business is enough to test the mental resolve of any entrepreneur, let alone one whose enterprise is centered on constantly developing creative solutions for clients, don’t you agree?
Over time our creative wellspring can become severely depleted especially if we don’t have good self-care practices in place. So in today’s podcast I want to share with you a few tips that will help to re-fill your creative tank and allow you become re-inspired.
Take An Inspiration Day Checklist:
- Purchase a good quality journal and start using it. I suggest doing it first thing in the morning when you awake and/or right before you go to bed.
- Make a short list of least three things you’ve wanted to do but continue putting off
- Can you schedule at least one activity on your list this week? Or at the very least next week?
- What do you hope to achieve on your inspiration day?
- After you have your inspiration day, write down what thoughts, feelings, or ideas came up for you.
- How soon can you take action on these new revelations?
- Finally did your time inspire you to do it again? If so, how soon can you put it on your calendar?
Show Notes & Additional resources:
Read my blog post and listen to the mini interview with Millionaire By 25 creator Corey Wadden. In it he talks about the power of goal setting and creating vision books.
Add Corey’s & Selina Maitreya’s full interviews to your success library including my personal detailed summary sheets. Check out my comprehensive program the Monetize Your Gifts Masterclass 15 Teachers + 3 days = 1 Magnificent Masterplan
The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles by Steven Pressfield
Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative by Austin Kleon
Creating The Book Of Your Dreams
If you’re looking to invest in a high quality journal Corey highly recommends the beautifully crafted journals by Paperblank. Use yours to record all of the hopes and dreams, it’s one of the best gifts you can give yourself.
I’ve provided a link to their website, check them out – http://blog.paperblanks.com/2013/04/coreys-dream-book/
HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT TODAY’S EPISODE?
1. Send me an email at: email@example.com
2. Send me a voice message at 858-413-7526 or
3. Online via – http://speakpipe.com/rodneywashington
ENJOYED TODAY’S EPISODE?
If so it would mean a great deal if you’d share the love and I’ve made super duper simple to do just that.
Below you’ll find a special link please click on that link to be directed to a pre-written tweet. All you have to do is click tweet to send out the tweet to all of your followers. http://getpaidforyourcreativity.com/shareit
Also if you have any tips, thoughts, or suggestions on how I can make the show better or just share your thoughts on today’s episode leave a comment to this blog post.
HELP THE SHOW!
I would love if you took a minute to leave a quick rating and review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It would be extremely helpful for the show!
Thank you so much for your support, and remember, express yourself with passion, live on purpose everyday!