Today’s lesson is a departure from the standard “marketing tips” but quite critical the success of your business. I want to talk about something that I believe truly affects every level of success or struggle that we experience in our business and our life. I like to refer to this as “inner marketing” which means how you communicate yourself to yourself.
In the game of “inner marketing” we sell ourselves daily on the opportunities that are presented to us. Think about it; the choices that we make are directly influenced by the thoughts, perceptions and beliefs that we have about our abilities and ourselves.
On today’s podcast Money Motivation Monday I share a several examples of how you could be holding yourself back.
After you listen to the episode, review my Winning At The Game Of ‘Inner Marketing’ Checklist I’ve provide below:
Winning At The Game Of ‘Inner Marketing’ Checklist:
- Make a list of all of the things that you’ve been avoiding as it relates to your business.
- Take at least one thing on your list, one that really hits home when you ever you think about it. For me it’s the thought of speaking in front of large groups. Notice I didn’t say the fear of speaking, I said the thought, (this is a very important distinction)
- Once you select that ‘one thing’, write down the first thought that comes to mind when you think of it.
- Ask yourself where this came from? Who or where did you first hear this?
- Ask yourself if it’s really true? If yes, can it be overcome? If not, why are you holding on to it?
- With this new level of awareness think of how your life would be different if you could let go of that limiting thought or belief. Write the possibilities down in a journal.
- Stretch your view beyond your own personal desires. What I mean is, think of the people that will benefit from your talent, your ideas, your talk, your book, your show etc. Sometimes we can do things for others we can’t seem to do for your self.
- If you’ve decided to go for it, can you make a commitment to take one small action within the next 24 hours?
- Keep a journal of your feelings, especially ones that tend to limit you, and review them one by one using the steps listed above.
- Make a commitment to your own personal growth; you can’t serve others until you serve yourself.
- Listen to preview interview with Monetize Your Gifts Masterclass presenter Barbara Winter. Barbara spoke quite candidly on the topic of resistance and provided some very practical strategies to move beyond it.
HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT TODAY’S EPISODE?
1. Send me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Send me a voice message at 858-413-7526 or
3. Online via – http://speakpipe.com/rodneywashington
ENJOYED TODAY’S EPISODE?
If so it would mean a great deal if you’d share the love and I’ve made super duper simple to do just that.
Below you’ll find a special link please click on that link to be directed to a pre-written tweet. All you have to do is click tweet to send out the tweet to all of your followers. http://getpaidforyourcreativity.com/shareit
Also if you have any tips, thoughts, or suggestions on how I can make the show better or just share your thoughts on today’s episode leave a comment to this blog post.
HELP THE SHOW!
I would love if you took a minute to leave a quick rating and review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It would be extremely helpful for the show!
Thank you so much for your support, and remember, express yourself with passion, live on purpose everyday!