Create A Creative Business That Celebrates Your Ideal Life
Today’s episode is sponsored by my brand new roadmap – 57 Ways To Monetize Your Gifts and Create True Security For Yourself! Includes access to four bonus templates called the Creative Entrepreneurs Path to Cash and map your journey to an ideal business that celebrates the life you want to live.
Download your free roadmap today at getpaidforyourcreativity.com/57waysgift
Episode 007 Show Notes
Welcome back to Episode 7 of the Create A Proneur podcast! I’m super excited to share this episode with you today because it’s my first interview since launching the new podcast! And I couldn’t be more thrilled to bring you my first guest, Creative Entrepreneur, Consultant, and Educator Jane Button.
Jane took a passion for knitting, made a simple hat and turned it into an empire that’s earned 5 million dollars!
Yep, you read it right, and today she’s sharing exactly how she did it, Jane talked about the importance of creating systems (and her brilliant process), outsourcing, money and time management and how creatives can reframe resistance to marketing and business in general so they can thrive both creatively and financially.
If you create and sell a physical product this is a “must listen” show, so grab your favorite beverage, slip on some earbuds, sit back and listen to every word she has to share!
In the episode, you’ll hear:
- How Jane turned her passion for knitted hats into a thriving business by walking into Nordstroms and walking out with a 40K purchase order!
- The importance of starting small and how to use “small” as the basis for doing proper research to ensure you pick the right product before investing a lot of time or money
- Why simplifying and being slightly different helps you stand out in a crowded marketplace
- Why consistently updating your product line with fresh new product is the key to keeping your customers coming back
- The importance of sharing “your story” and why it’s the best way to market yourself and your creative products
- Jane highly recommends starting a journal as an absolute “must” for creative entrepreneurs and how having one can serve as a bible for your creative business
- A fun visual exercise she does with her clients to help them declutter their brain and heighten their creativity
- Jane shares a saying, “Money can be managed. People can be managed. Schedules can be managed. Time can only be accounted for. ” How to manage your time so you’re business and not the other way around.
- The simply brilliant productivity hack Jane used to create simple systems that led to the training materials she hands off to her outsource team.
- Why creative product creators mustn’t rely solely on Etsy and what you should do instead if you want to sell more of your products
- The importance of getting in front of your ideal customers in person especially if you sell your products primarily online
If you enjoy this episode and it inspired you in some way, I’d love to hear about it and know your biggest takeaway. Take a screenshot of you listening on your device, post it to your Instagram Stories and tag me and Jane, @createaproneurpodcast and @janeabutton.
I would also love if you subscribed to the podcast and left a review at http://getpaidforyourcreativity.com/itunespodcast
I want to invite you to help contribute to this podcast by submitting a question for the Listener Question of the Week edition of Create A Proneur Podcast. All you have to do is go to http://getpaidforyourcreativity.com/QA and record a question (under 3 minutes or less) that could be featured on an upcoming episode!
Resources Mentioned in the Episode
Tyler J McCall Instagram Expert (Tyler’s Facebook group is how Jane and I initially connected)
The Journey In Cashmere (nicely done video, use it to inspire you to share the story of your creative physical products via video) Check them out on Instagram
Other Create A Proneur Podcast Episodes To Check Out
Episode 002 : Believing In Yourself To Create The Life and Business You Want
Episode 004 : The Passion Based Business Plan Part 1
Episode 005 : The Passion Based Business Plan Part 2
Episode 006 : Take An Inspiration Day and Reconnect With Your Creative Flow