Allow me to introduce myself…
I’m Rodney, Creative Marketing Strategist & Copywriter based in Santa Cruz & San Francisco, California.
I’ve been helping Creative Entrepreneurs set up an online presence that expresses who they truly are for almost 20 years. And now, I want to help you do the same!
Why am I for you?
BECAUSE you’re successful and really good at you do and now you want to look the part online. But you hate dealing with the tech. You have an ok website, you know it could be way better but who has the time to sort out all the moving parts? WordPress, templates, plugins, list building and Lead magnets either make you want to cry or cuss.
BECAUSE you have website shame and whenever anyone asks you about your website you either respond with “It’s under construction” or your apologize for how it looks
BECAUSE you didn’t start your business to spend your days trying to figure out your freakin website all you want is for the damn thing to work so you can spend your time selling more of your creative products and services — and YES, have it look and feel the way you want.
AND ME? THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT I DO.
I’ll help you put together the perfect blog site and list building Lead Magnet for your creative biz.
From the choosing the perfect color palette and fonts, I’ll show you how to either capture or procure beautiful images and write compelling copy to make your creative products and services totally irresistible, I’ll have your blog site stylin’ with confidence in no time flat! So whether you sell cupcakes or hand lettering, have a watercolor painting course or sell knitted baby hats you’ll never have to say “Sorry, my website is under construction” ever again.
BEST PART: I come to you virtually, and I make it super easy. And yes, I do on-video blog styling sessions on Zoom. Ready for your site to Be A StandOut?
Click here to check out my services.
Wanna know more about me?
I’ll keep it simple and random, with these 12 facts:
1. I love beautiful websites but they must be functional and user-friendly. I absolutely hate complicated and unnecessary tech. It’s annoying and takes time away from the creative work I’d rather be doing.
2. I’m originally from Fort Worth, Texas, born six days before the assassination of JFK it also happened to be my dads birthday. I can only imagine what my poor mother was thinking.
3. My love of creativity may have started when my great grandmother, who us kids affectionately called Big Mama, at the age of five years she taught me how to make biscuits on a pot belly stove she kept in her dining room.
4. The best x-mas present I ever got was a View-Master but, the one thing I really wanted and never got was an Easy Bake Oven. My sister got that. My second favorite was a box of 64 Crayons so I guess coloring, drawing and expressing myself creatively is in my blood.
4. I discovered photography soon after moving to San Francisco 30 years ago this year! I cut my teeth on a Yashica FX-3 film camera but temporarily abandoned my new hobby after the 1989 earthquake destroyed my school.
5. In my last corporate job, I was a trainer at the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills. Met tons of celebrities on a daily basis but the highlight was serving mint tea to Sidney Poitier on Mothers Day and Mick Jagger insisting on helping me set up a dining room table for a luncheon he was hosting. I left the hotel industry for good to pursue photography full time.
6. Soon after I launched my business I was featured in Parade Magazine
7. To promote my photography business I taught myself web design, specializing in WordPress and later internet marketing more specifically setting up and publishing online newsletters. After the great recession hit in 2008 I used my newly minted skills to reinvent myself as an Online Marketing Strategist for photographers and that same year I launched the first telesummit for professional photographers followed by the Monetize Your Gifts Masterclass a few years later!
Both events were a hit and overnight I went from nobody knowing me from a can of paint to having a mailing list of over 1000 people!
8. Published a book for creatives. Soon after I launched the Photo-Marketing-Mentor blog (renamed Get Paid For Your Creativity) and my first podcast which I turned into a self-published book titled Eye On Marketing: 41 Days From Struggle and Confusion to Clarity and Profits!
The inspiration for the book was my response to the never-ending struggle I quickly discovered that all creatives (not just photographers) dealt with on a daily basis trying to navigate the constant changes establishing and maintaining a successful presence online.
How I help creatives shine brilliantly online!
My superpower is helping creatives i.e. freelancers, creative service-based professionals, creative entrepreneurs, solo-preneurs, and other types ending in -preneur (I’m a samplepreneur) set up a highly effective online presence rather it be a blog site, design a lead magnet (sometimes called a freebie) and connecting it to an auto-responder so they can more easily build and grow with their email list.
Whether you’re a whatever-preneur or anyone who wants to stand out online? I can help you.
More Fun Facts About Me
9. I heart travel, my idea of a perfect day is exploring a new city with my camera.
10. My favorite birthday meal is Panang Curry and apple pie ala mode! Cakes are ok, but gosh darn it give me a good piece of pie and I’m golden
11. I LOVE MY JOB! I love the combination of color, fonts, photos, words with a little bit of tech to put together something truly magical for my clients. Most of all, I love putting it all together for you.
12. That’s what I hope to do for you here…help your blog site REFLECT your unique personality so you look your absolute best online!
Are you ready? Click here!