Welcome back! If you missed part 2 of Get Paid For Your Creativity: The Kindle Publishing Project please click on the blue link to read.
Before I reveal the tips in today’s post, I’d like to share the results from my first 5 day promotion.
Get Paid For Your Creativity: 17 Ways To Get More Clients was published at 12:24 a.m. on Friday September 14th. By 9 a.m. my little book had been downloaded 56 times! Even a couple of downloads in the United Kingdom and that’s with no outside marketing on social media or announcement to my list.
At the time of this writing the book has been downloaded 1377 times! I want to make something perfectly clear, these were free downloads, not sales. With that said, I am happy to report (at the time of this writing) the book has been purchased dozen+ times.
As a business and marketing coach I know that attracting and holding the attention of an ideal client or customer has grown increasingly difficult over the past several years. The Kindle platform presented a way to reach way more people rapidly and hopefully convert some of those downloads into relationships that could grow into clients.
At the end of the of the five day promotion I didn’t just receive over thousand free downloads, I attracted 12 new customers and almost 1400 people who as a result of this promotion now know who am, what I do and who I serve.
If nothing else that’s the key take-away I’ve learned so far from this project. I’ll be speaking more about this in part 4 of this series ~ so stay tuned!
For today I have 5 new key points I suggest you consider if you’re thinking about publishing your first Kindle Project. Today I’m starting from number 6, if you’d like to read tips one through five click here to read Part 2. And if you missed Part 1 of this series click here.
6. Prepare to get really, really, really active on social media. I can honestly say that social media really helped to drive the traffic for this book. Especially Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+, just make sure you post everyday especially during the launch period and the next tip is key.
7. Get connected to a big player with influence. As I mentioned at the beginning of this article, I learned a lot about Kindle marketing from Ryan Deiss. Well, one of Ryan’s tips he highly suggests is to get your Kindle book listed on a variety of free download Kindle book blogs like his own blog for example, Free Kind Books located at: http://bit.ly/P0FRmO.
Immediately after my free Kindle book was posted to his following I received literally hundreds of downloads. Over 300 in the United Kingdom alone.
7. Freely share your real time results. I spent the first four days of my free five day promotion period trying to get my book title to the #1 position. The second it did I grabbed a screenshot of my desktop and immediately blasted all over social media. The results totally blew my downloads through the roof.
8. Do a last minute push. I did two posts on Twitter hours before the free promotional period ended. Both resulted in immediate downloads.
9. Reveal the results of your efforts. I posted the total number of downloads the morning after the 5 day promotional period ended.
10. Seed the next project. I’m currently working on the follow up book to be released next week so stay tuned.
There’s a great deal more I’ll share with you in part 4 of this series, including a couple of positioning opportunities I missed in the first book so stay tuned!
If you’re reading this I know you have talent, resources, and expertise but if you’re struggling financially, then you’re not leveraging them in ways that can create a lot more income for you.
The Artists & Creative Cash Crash Course Program solves all that by giving you the six most important steps you need to take right NOW to refocus and become the paid creative entrepreneur you always wanted to be.
Six powerful modules will take you through everything you need step-by-step to create your own money blueprint! All the tools, scripts, templates, and examples are only a click away and I’ve made it so easy to yes. You can get it at ArtistsCash.com
My invitation: Would you like to be kept up to date on this new article series? If so simply enter your name and email in the box below and you’ll receive automatic updates to your inbox.