Recently I was fleshing out final details for a brand new tele-class I was creating on the subject of cash flow for creative entrepreneurs.
Feeling the need to relocate my portable office I decided to treat myself to a quick coffee break. Before packing up the laptop the following subject header in my inbox captured my attention. “Your free tall cold drink awaits.”
The email was from Starbucks. Perhaps it was perfect timing or just the fact that I wanted a free drink, but I decided this would be the destination for my coffee break.
After collecting my beverage I positioned myself in a comfy seat and went back to work on my presentation and continued to flesh out my outline.
I wanted to dedicate a portion of my talk on the various opportunities available to creative entrepreneurs to create deeper connection with potential buyers. As I wrote dozens of ideas swirled around in my head when I began to stare at my creamy carmel drink. That’s when it hit me!
“That free drink got me in the door, but I decided to hang out and work for a little while – the result? I bought something else! In my case another regular coffee drink – (side bar: I’m not a huge fan of sweet coffee drinks) but the moral of the story – Starbucks did it’s job!
They enticed me with something delivered by email to get me in the store and they made it super easy to add something else to my purchase by offering an inviting environment to get my work done.
Take this as a clue for your own business. What can you offer of value to get prospective clients to visit your shop or your website or your booth?
For example, in preparation for my recent tele-class on ways to increase your cash flow I created a special report on the subject and offered it for free with no strings attached, no opt-in, no purchase, nothing.
Essentially all I did was write up a two page report filled with valuable tips. I made sure to pepper several links to visit a special webpage I set up for readers who wanted to secure a seat for a private free tele-training.
Next, I published it and promoted via my social media channels, the primary being Facebook.
Here’s a sample of my Facebook post:
Over 3000 views on my Facebook post, 13 likes, 3 shares and comments. A dramatic jump in opt-ins to my FREE tele-training. And I got these by not requiring them, just by offering an invitation to join my free call.
Now I have a replicable system I can use to attract attention to future virtual events that lead to my paid opportunities.
Your homework assignment:
- What do you have or can easily create that be used as a valuable teaser designed to get prospective clients in the door? That door can be literal or virtual.
- Find out what you prospective clients really need or want right now. You can accomplish this in a variety of ways the fastest is ask your previous or current clients what they need most right now.
- Use this information as the basis of your valuable “taste”.
- Once you create your valuable free taste how can you get it in front of people?
- The fastest way in my opinion is social media.
- Next, what’s your paid offer? How will your free offer lead to a paid opportunity?
The key is that every step of the way you must provide great value and customer experience. Even if it’s free, as a matter of fact especially when it’s free.
Do that and if you’re connected to the right audience they can’t help but take you up on all of your offerings.
Where do you go from here?
- Are you ready to connect with the right type of buyers for work?
- Are you tired of the cash flow ups and downs?
- Would you like to learn how to speak with prospective clients and customers that practically guarantee they’ll buy from you?
If this sounds like something you’d like to experience in a super short amount of time, I invite to explore a brand new course I’ve created exclusively for creative entrepreneurs.
Cash Flow Creation Secrets: 4 Things You Must Know NOW To Move Into Flow!
Visit before Wednesday July 17th for special invitation pricing and bonus!