Today is one of my favorite days for GPFYC Podcast, it’s Over The Hump Day Q & A Wednesday! On these days I will address any questions about creativity, entrepreneurship including marketing, or publishing for example, or just ideas or concerns on your mind.
Below in the show notes you will find all of my contact info, feel free to use any of the resources I’ve provided to reach out to me with your questions and I will address on future Wednesday episodes of the podcast, so fire away!
This weeks question is one I truly love because it’s centered on the topic of fear and how it effects creativity.
Here is the question I received: What drives you to move past the fear and take action?
“You don’t become fearless then take action, you take action despite your fear and grow confident”
3 Tips To Handle Fear:
- Get clear about what you want to accomplish and FEEL IT! If you don’t feel it, look for another dream or find a way to attach “I must have this feeling to it”. Once you do this it will become infinitely easier to go for what you want, despite any obstacles.
- Expect obstacles. It’s amazing how fear diminishes when you anticipate obstacles and road blocks. Why? Because when you anticipate problems you can plan for them and ready the tools you’ll need to solve them.
- I’ll share a secret with you. When you prepare for the worse, it rarely happens 🙂
- Prepare an exit strategy. Some might call it a plan B. There’s a school of thought that believe you shouldn’t have a plan B, I don’t agree. You could be working towards something for years and not achieve the original results you sought.
If you’re going through this at the moment it could mean one of two things, either your original plan needs to be reviewed and revised and that revision is your plan B.
Another possibility could be that you’re not fully committed to the original dream. Perhaps it’s time to reexamine where you’re headed, then check in with yourself to get clear about what you really want.
Fear stifles our thinking and actions. It creates indecisiveness that results in stagnation. I have known talented people who procrastinate indefinitely rather than risk failure. Lost opportunities cause erosion of confidence, and the downward spiral begins. ~ Charles Stanley
- Your goal is to shepherd the dream that’s trying to come through you, not control the ultimate outcome
- If you’re struggling at the moment ask yourself, “what is the struggle trying to reveal to me?”
- Get clear on your bigger vision, not just a single outcome
- Practice Detachment – Don’t attach to very specific outcome, be open to something bigger than your original dream
- Reframe fear and transfrom it into curiosity
- Expect obstacles and plan for them
Three ways to ask me questions:
1. Send me an email at: [email protected]
2. Send me a voice message at 858-413-7526 or
3. Online via – http://speakpipe.com/rodneywashington
QUESTION OR FEEDBACK…LEAVE ME A VOICEMAIL!
If you have a question you’d potentially like answered on the show, or just feedback in general (constructive criticism and ways I can make the show better are welcome!), feel free to visit my voicemail page to quickly and easily leave me a message or shoot me an email I check them everyday.
HELP THE SHOW!
I would love if you took a minute to leave a quick rating and review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It would be extremely helpful for the show!
Thank you so much for your support, and remember, express yourself with passion, live on purpose everyday!